The purpose of this award is to recognize members who have made significant contributions to the profession of pharmacy through teaching or mentorship in Hospital Practice.
The award will consist of a plaque and cash prize of $500.
The nominee must be an active member of BC Branch CSHP for at least five years and have at least three years of experience as a mentor in hospital pharmacy practice. The candidate must be nominated by two active members of the BC Branch CSHP. Each application shall also be supported by at least one mentee via letters of endorsement.
Click here for the Nomination Form
- The nominee must be a member in good standing of the BC Branch, CSHP for at least five years.
- The nominee should have at least three years’ experience in institutional pharmacy practice, may have been involved with the following activities:
- Precept undergraduate pharmacy students, technicians, residents, interns and Pharm D students
- Train and/or supervise staff pharmacists in patient care activities, pharmacy research and/or pharmacy administration
- The nominee must exemplify the combined skills of a teacher, a mentor, a recognized leader and practitioner though following activities:
- Positive influence on pharmacy practice to students, residents and Pharm D students
- Continued upgrade of his/her own skills
- Teaching through sharing of nominee’s own experiences
- Ability to motivate and encourage students, peers, and staff
- Readily creates opportunities for students, peers or staff to gain valuable experiences
- Enhances the professional image of Pharmacist through recognized patient care activities, pharmacy services, research activities, publications, invited presentations or previous awards winner
- Active participation in various professional committees or membership in relevant association
- One electronic copy of a letter of nomination containing a written summary, not more than 500 words describing the nominee’s contributions to teaching and mentoring.
- One electronic copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume.
- At least 2 letters of endorsement (maximum 500 words each) containing information regarding mentorship; at least one letter should be from a mentee.
- Completed application form signed by two CSHP members supporting the nomination.
Deadline: September 30
Application are judged solely on the data submitted.
The award will be presented at the Annual General Meeting.
- 2008 Marianna Leung
- 2009 Don Hamilton
- 2010 Mike Legal and Roxanne Carr
- 2011 Tim Lau
- 2012 Sean Spina
- 2014 Karen Shalansky
- 2015 Glen Brown
- 2016 Peter Loewen
- 2017 Mark Collins
- 2018 Doson Chua
- 2019 Trana Hussaini