The purpose of this award is to recognize members who have made significant contributions to the profession of pharmacy through teaching or mentorship in Hospital Practice.
The award will consist of a plaque and cash prize of $500.
The nominee must be an active member of CSHP BC Branch for at least five years and have at least three years of experience as a mentor in hospital pharmacy practice. The candidate must be nominated by two active members of the CSHP BC Branch. Each application shall also be supported by at least one mentee via letters of endorsement.
Click here for the Nomination Form
- The nominee must be a member in good standing of the CSHP BC Branch for at least five years.
- The nominee should have at least three years’ experience in institutional pharmacy practice and may have been involved with the following activities:
- Precepting pharmacy students, technicians, residents and interns
- Training and/or supervising staff pharmacists in patient care activities, pharmacy research and/or pharmacy administration
- The nominee must exemplify the combined skills of a teacher, a mentor, a recognized leader and practitioner though the following activities:
- Being a positive influence on pharmacy practice to students and residents
- Continuing to upgrade their own skills
- Teaching through sharing of nominee’s own experiences
- The ability to motivate and encourage students, peers, and staff
- Readily creating opportunities for students, peers or staff to gain valuable experiences
- Enhancing the professional image of pharmacists through recognized patient care activities, pharmacy services, research activities, publications, invited presentations or through the achievement of previous awards
- Actively participates in various professional committees or hold membership in relevant associations
- One electronic copy of a letter of nomination containing a written summary, not more than 500 words describing the nominee’s contributions to teaching and mentoring.
- One electronic copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume.
- At least 2 letters of endorsement (maximum 500 words each) containing information regarding mentorship; at least one letter should be from a mentee.
- Completed application form signed by two CSHP members supporting the nomination.
Deadline: September 30
Application are judged solely on the data submitted.
The award will be presented at the Annual General Meeting.
- 2008 Marianna Leung
- 2009 Don Hamilton
- 2010 Mike Legal and Roxane Carr
- 2011 Tim Lau
- 2012 Sean Spina
- 2014 Karen Shalansky
- 2015 Glen Brown
- 2016 Peter Loewen
- 2017 Mark Collins
- 2018 Doson Chua
- 2019 Trana Hussaini
- 2020 Rumi McGloin