The purpose of this award is to recognize the most impressive Pharmacy Awareness Month campaign.
This award will be given to a B.C. hospital pharmacy department, which displays the most impressive Pharmacy Awareness Month campaign.
This award is presented to three hospital pharmacy departments (large, medium and small) that display the most impressive Pharmacy Awareness Month campaign, based on the size of their pharmacy staff as stated below. Note that the total FTE count includes all pharmacists including directors, supervisors, permanent full time and part time pharmacists.
- The large hospital award is presented to a hospital with thirty or more full time equivalent (FTE) pharmacists.
- The medium hospital award is presented to a department with 10 to 29.99 FTE pharmacists
- The small hospital award is presented to a department with less than 10 FTE pharmacists.
All pharmacy departments of BC institutional practice sites with active members of the CSHP-BC branch are eligible for this award. Deadline for submissions is April 30.
Click here for the Application Form
The CSHP-BC Branch Awards Committee will review each submission based on the following criteria:
- Poster display/promotion with a clear emphasis on promoting the pharmacy profession, the role of the pharmacist and the value of pharmaceutical care.
- Submission of media files (photos, audio, video, etc.) to support the written description (2 page maximum) of the campaign is highly encouraged.
The award will consist of a plaque presented at the CSHP-BC Branch Annual General Meeting and recognition in the B.C. Branch newsletter. The CSHP-BC Branch Awards Committee will reassess this award on a yearly basis.
*Note that eligibility criteria has slightly changed! Winners of the PAM award the preceding year are not eligible to win 2 consecutive years in a row. For example, winners of the PAM award in 2018 are not eligible to win in 2019 but may apply (and win) again in 2020. This is to encourage the participation and recognition of other institutions’ PAM campaigns!