This is an ELECTED position and the President-elect acts as a voting member of the BC Branch Executive.
The President-Elect will:
- Assume all Presidential duties in the absence of the President.
- Assist the President in all Branch duties.
- Assume one of the three liaison roles, External, Internal, or Vision, for the duration of the three year-presidency.
- Act as the official Parliamentarian at all Executive Committee Meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Serve as a member of the Programs Committee for the 1st year of presidency.
- Contact the U.B.C.’s Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences in September to request the name of the CAPSI Representative for British Columbia who will be an ex-officio member of the Executive. The person should be invited to the Executive Committee meetings in the fall.
- When possible, attend the CSHP (National) Annual Meetings.
- Attend CSHP (National) Annual Meeting at the Summer Education Sessions in August.
- Act as the official Parliamentarian at all Branch Executive Committee Meetings and at the Annual General Meeting.
- Attend joint College of Pharmacists of B.C and Branch CSHP Executive Meetings as required.
- If assuming the External portfolio, attend the Health Science Association Professional Associations Meetings in June and December.
- Attend the Career Avenue Night at UBC in October.