This position is APPOINTED by the President and the membership coordinator acts as a non-voting member of the BC Branch Executive.
- To plan the membership recruitment program for the branch, including proposals for:
- attracting new CSHP members
- retaining existing CSHP members
- To increase awareness of CSHP benefits, activities and events among CSHP members.
- To promote the benefits of CSHP membership to hospital pharmacists throughout BC.
Committee Membership / Terms
- The chair is appointed by the President for a one-year term.
- The chair and committee members must be current CSHP members.
- The committee should be composed of members who reflect different hospital practice settings.
Duties of the Chair
- Assume responsibility for the Terms of Reference of the committee.
- Attend the Executive Committee meetings to:
- provide a branch membership statistic report, highlighting any membership concerns and including the names of new members.
- provide a report of membership initiatives and activities.
- provide information about CSHP National’s membership drives.
- take direction from Executive on matters related to membership.
- Liaise with the regional Chapter chairs and provide support for regional membership initiatives.
- Promote upcoming CSHP benefits, activities and events to all hospital pharmacists.
- Highlight membership benefit information in official CSHP (BC Branch) information and publications (branch newsletter, website, etc.)
- Order current membership application forms from CSHP national and ensure that they are available at branch events and distribute them to hospital pharmacies and pharmacists throughout the province.
- Publicize new members in the Branch Bulletin and on the CSHP-BC Website.
- Conduct a lapsed membership drive based on the lapsed membership list from CSHP National Office.
- Update the CSHP-BC email contact list monthly.
- Provide an updated list of active CSHP-BC members to the Programs Committee one week prior to any events.