Presidential officers cycle from President-Elect to President to Past-President. However, each Presidential Officer will carry one of three Liaison roles (Internal, External, or Vision) through their three year cycle.
Descriptions of these positions are well detailed in their respective Terms of Reference. Here are additional portfolios for the Presidential Officers, entitled Liaison Responsibilities.
All Presidential Officers shall:
- Exercise leadership in motivation of executive members, committee members and membership.
- Act as spokesperson for BC Branch – CSHP on issues pertaining to assigned portfolio.
- Prepare correspondence related to the assigned portfolio.
- Write an article for the Branch Newsletter, on a rotational basis with the other Liaison officers.
Assigned committees and task forces:
- Serve as ex-officio member of assigned committees and task forces.
- Select with input from Council, suitable candidates to serve as committee and task force chairs.
- Establish the Terms of Reference for assigned committees and task forces in accordance with the Branch Policies and Procedures and direction from Council.
- Coordinate the activities of the assigned committees and task forces.
- Send thank you letters to outgoing chairs of assigned committees and task forces.
Responsibilities of the External Liaison include:
- College of Pharmacists of BC
- Residency Program in BC (via Chief Residents)
- HSA (meetings in June/December)
- Appointment of external representatives as required
Responsibilities of the Internal Liaison include:
- Branch Policy and Procedures – maintenance and revision as required
Responsibilities of the Vision Liaison include:
- Programs Committee
- Strategic Planning