CSHP Northern Chapter Fall 2018 CE Event – Thurs, Nov 1, 2018
Location: Room 0505 LDC, University Hospital of Northern BC, 1475 Edmonton Street, Prince George
Event will be 1.5 CEU. Available no charge on Skype – email Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org to register
11:20 -11:30 am Skype Testing & Lunch, Opening Remarks
11:30 am – 1:00 pm Dr Sue Corrigan, BScPharm, ACPR, PharmD
(LMPS Residency Coordinator)
Delirium – What’s new and what to do
Discuss case scenarios and delirium scoring using the “Confusion Assessment Method” and review the process of assessing factors affecting delirium, how a pharmacist may assess delirium, drugs that may precipitate delirium and prevention and management strategies in post-op older patients, ICU patient and non-ICU patients.
There will be a Q&A Session the last 10-15 minutes of the presentation.
- For instructions on how to join the event via skype, click [here]
Annual General Meeting – Fri and Sat, November 23-24, 2018
Location: Marriott Hotel, Downtown Vancouver
Featured topics and updates include (up to 6.25 CEUs):
- What’s new in Diabetes 2018 – Dr. Breay Paty, MD
- Updates from the Ministry of Health – Dr. Eric Lun, PharmD
- Truth and Reconciliation: Pharmacy Professionals Answering the Calls to Action – Dr. Jaris Swidorich, PharmD (Keynote)
- Pharmacy Practice 2018: The Latest from the College of Pharmacists of BC – Bob Nakagawa, RPh
- Going Viral: Sharing Influenza Prevention and Treatment Truths – Dr. Megan Harbin, PharmD
- Debate: Prioritizing Clinical Pharmacy Services – Fine dining for some or smorgasbord for all?
– Dr. Richard Slavik, PharmD vs. Dr. Sean Spina, PharmD
- Psychiatric Effects of Cannabis – Reza Rafizadeh, BSPharm
- No more kidneying around: a CKD workshop to cure your ANGST – Dr. Hilary Wu, PharmD
- The Latest Hype about Hypertension – Dr. Jillian Reardon
Again, we will be hosting an AGM After Party with lots of food, drinks, games and networking. Save the date and mark your calendars!
This event will be live-streamed. The brochure can be found [here].
Event handouts (when available) will only be publically accessible for one month after the event. Afterwards, CSHP members can access via password.
Please contact the Communications Officer for questions regarding log-in.
We would like your comments on continuing education events.
Please let the Program Chairperson know:
- comments on CE events you have attended
- topics you would like to see at CE events
- your interest in presenting at CE events
- anything else